Find A Home
Tips For Sellers
See My Listings
Find A Home
Tips For Sellers|
Every house sells (at a realistic price!). Buyers recognize that no property is perfect, however a little TLC before putting your house on the market may increase its value.
1. Show your home to prospective buyers by appointment only through an agent.
2. First impressions are important! The front door greets the prospect. Make sure it is clean and sound. Keep the front yard neat and trimmed; it's the first thing the buyers see when they approach; you'll want them to stop, not keep driving!
3. Decorate for a quick sale. Faded walls and worn woodwork reduce appeal. A little "spiffing up" can result in a quicker sale at a higher price. Why try to tell buyers what the home could look like when you can show them? If you are planning to paint choose basic, neutral colors; they will have a broader appeal than bright, trendy colors.
4. Let the sun in! Leave the curtains and drapes open to let the prospect see how cheerful your home can be.
5. Fix the faucet! Dripping water discolors sinks and suggests faulty plumbing.
6. Repairs can make a difference. Walk through the house and make a checklist of the little things that can easily be fixed; loose knobs, sticking doors and windows, warped cabinet doors and other minor flaws can detract from the value of your property. Have them fixed.
7. From top to bottom. Display the full value of your attic and other utility space by removing all unnecessary articles. You will be moving soon; pack early!
8. Safety first. Keep stairways or dark halls unblocked. Avoid clutter and potential injuries.
9. Organize your closet. Neat, well-organized closets show the buyers there is ample storage space.
10. Bathrooms help sell homes. Does yours sparkle? Are the toilets, tubs and showers caulked?
11. Arrange bedrooms neatly. Remove excess clothing and furniture. Use attractive bedding and clean curtains.
12. Can you see the light? The potential buyer will feel welcome if the lights are turned on for an evening showing.
When the agent shows the house...
1. A word to the wise; let your Realtor discuss price, terms, possession and other factors with the customer. Your agent is an expert in bringing negotiations to a favorable conclusion.
2. Three's a crowd. Avoid having too many people present. The potential buyer will feel like an intruder and hurry through the house.
3. Turn off the blaring radio or television. Let the agent and buyer talk together free of disturbances.
4. Silence is welcome. If you must be home during a showing, be courteous but don't force conversation with a buyer. They are there to see your home, not make a social call. Never apologize for the appearance of your home. After all, you do live there. Let the pro agent answer any objections; this is their job.
5. In the background. The agent knows the buyers requirements and can better emphasize the features of your home. You will be called upon if any information is needed.
My Listings | Find A Home | For Buyers | For Sellers | For Homeowners | Resources | About Bobbie | Home
Bobbie Giarratana Coldwell Banker: 1495 Shattuck Ave. Berkeley, CA 94709
Direct: 510.540.9494 | Fax: 510.549.3720 | Email: Bobbie@IMakeYourMove.com